Tuesday 22 May 2012

Post-painting

Now that painting work is done, house looks great, as good as new. Got the floor polished, too. 

Painting work though painful, has its plus points too, I realised. Apart from the obvious that your house looks good after all the effort. House gets cleaned. By pulling the furniture away from the walls, all the dust and dirt that got accumulated behind them can be cleared off. Especially, if you have heavy furniture like ours, which cant be moved around easily (a tip to those buying furniture, buy light-weight easy-to-move furniture). Also all the junk that got accumulated over the years can be thrown away. I always prided myself of not hoarding junk, but realised we too have junk at home. One shelf had paper dated March 2009, imagine I didnt clean up that cupboard for the past three years!

Second, while the workers are around, our craving to snack and munch between meals comes down. Eating becomes a chore and with all the dust and paint smell, all appetite disappears. Nice way to loose weight if you ask me. Once I dig up my weighing machine, I will let you know what exactly is my weight loss.

One tends to finish all household chores before the workers come, so the entire day is left free. So I could catch up with all pending paper-work, reading, etc., anything that needs one to sit in one place and hours of dedication.

Then nothing to beat the sympathy of all around. My God, how long it is taking, seeing you I am feeling tired, I wonder how you are managing. Best was my maid, how are you managing to cook, no one else had that doubt!

I have taken a vow to keep house in this form forever, wont shirk from cleaning and dusting tasks. I know what most of you are thinking - New Year Resolutions.......

1 comment:

  1. So all over, thankfully! Congrats. Feel like going for it here too! But.....!

    ReplyDelete