Sunday 31 January 2016

Proud to be Indian

Republic Day and Independence Day bring out the patriotic nature in every one. We see shades of orange, white and green everywhere. Even I am proud to be Indian. So what exactly do I love about being an Indian? Well, let me see....

 - I love the fact that we believe in sharing, as is evident from the loud conversations we hear in malls, buses, trains, on roads and from our neighbours balconies;
 - I love the fact that we are concerned over the well being of all, as is evident from the amount of free advice we dole out even to strangers;
 - I love the fact that we believe in getting value for money, as is evident from the fact that we pay thousands at restaurants but haggle with the bandiwalla;
 - I love the fact that we take Swach Bharat seriously, as is from the way we clean public walls with our urine;
 - I love the fact that we stay in touch with our family and friends risking our lives, as is evident from the way take calls and check messages even when on road driving;
 - I love the fact that we evaluate our options carefully, as is evident from the way we stop at the doorways of elevators, airports, trains and buses before taking the next step;
 - I love the fact that we don't waste space as is evident from the narrow gap between houses and our capability in creating three or even four lanes on a two-way street;
 - I love the fact that we are artistically inclined as is evident from the paan spit art on public walls.

What is there not to love about this beautiful country? We constantly strive to imitate the west at the cost of loosing our identity.....

2 comments:

  1. Good. I too agree with you. We love India in spite of and along with all the peculiarities!
    Jai Hind.
    Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very patriatic blog. We should love our motherland like our mother keeping aside all drawbacks.

    ReplyDelete