Monday 4 August 2014

My USA trip, 2014

I had been to USA to visit my brother's family this July. It was a short but sweet trip thanks to the hospitality of my brother and his wife. I was greeted every morning by a mango smoothie followed by a continental breakfast, courtesy my brother. Lunch and dinner were usually a multi cuisine affair, thanks to my sil, interspersed with delicious snacks of pies, muffins etc.. I surely put on a lot, was afraid of checking my weight. My only work there was to play with my nephew and nieces, which I readily accepted. Boy, was it fun with an almost four year old nephew and 14 months old twin nieces.






First, my nephew, he is adorable and a chatterbox. He has an answer for every question and a question for every answer. His English language is impeccable, inherited from his mother. He came to airport to pick me up along with his father. As soon as we reached home, he went straight to my mother and said "Nanamma, Manjuatta is not your daughter, she is my friend." I was elated by this acceptance. My euphoria lasted till I realised that this elite club already has close to 100 (or was it 1000) members, and it is a very dynamic list!!! He is very much into songs. His favorite was "jintata jita jita" from Ravi Teja movie, who happens to be his favorite actor! Even this list changes, while I was there the favorite song changed to "Rama kanavemira" from Swathi Muthyam. I bet it has changed by now.


And the twins. What do I say, such cutie pies. They were shy at first and by second day I got the sweetest smile from the elder one, but the second one reserved her opinion till the day I left. She decided I was ok provided neither her parents nor her nanny was not around. I found many ways to bribe them to play with me. My bangle for one, a promise to take them out. They both are intelligent and can identify quite a few things. The second one is a bit lazy. First one is on top of things. 
My prediction she will be the one with her hand in air in any class, eager to answer questions; the second one will get her work done by her sister or someone else! The first one has the sweetest smile, with her head cocked to one side, which will melt your heart. The second one has this hearty laugh which is reserved for her father and snacks/meals. One thing both like is dancing. Play some music, be it a nursery rhyme or just a few random notes, they start gyrating and swinging their arms and legs around. They especially like it when their brother sings for them. 

Overall it was a memorable trip and wish it lasted some more......


2 comments:

  1. Haha! I agree about ShrutI being the first bench enthusiast.
    We had a lovely time with you as well. Hope to see you soon again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good report. Well expressed sentiments.

    ReplyDelete