Wednesday 13 June 2012

Unsung Heroes

Yesterday I made coconut chutney, yeah, yeah, in the world of cholesterol and stuff I am still bold or foolish in that sense. It came out quite well, if I may say so myself. I tasted it and said to myself "hats off to the person who invented this dish". Then I realised I have no clue as to who invented that stuff, and many other that we take for granted.

So this blog I would like to list out all the things we should be thankful for but dont know to whom:

- Cooking, imagine life before people realised that food could be cooked? Eating raw vegetables.... bet no one was obese then.... And it is not just cooking, mixing of ingredients. That we can extract juice from tamarind, and we get rasam, sambhar and the yummy pulihora. That we can prepare tea from tea leaves, the list goes on and on and on.....

- Clothing, whoever got the idea to cover oneself, the less said the better.....

- House, shelter over your head in this heat, coming rains and cold winters

- Bathing, imagine the stink we would have created

- Talking, imagine trying to communicate using sign language, the deafening silence all around.....

- Script, what other way to pass our legacy along without written words....

I have run out of things to say, can you add to the list?

2 comments:

  1. Education i.e literacy in our opinion.But since those days people are interested for research if not no new things that were discovered

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about combs...slippers...?

    ReplyDelete