Wednesday 25 January 2012

Me and my mobile

My day starts with a milk delivery person or newspaper delivery person having the latest Tollywood song in full blast on his mobile, while completing his rounds. Next it is time for my dear dear neighbor to enter his balcony, which is adjoining our kitchen balcony, and talk or rather yell into his cell phone. I wouldnt mind except he speaks in Marwari and has some business-related boring conversation. My phone has been silent all along.

We go to a multiplex to watch a movie. Get into a lift, someone yelling into their phone, am in a lift, signal will be off for a few minutes will resume the conversation once out of the lift. God forbid he didnt get "idea", else no idea what we would have to endure. My phone has been silent all along.

Step out of the lift, everyone goes in different direction to answer/call on their mobile. My phone has been silent all along.

In the movie, someone's phone rings non-stop. Then the lady next to me has a long conversation on her cell. Interval time, no chit chat about the movie or anything else, everyone busy checking the status of their mobiles. Returning missed calls, answering messages and what not. My phone has been silent all along.

Dinner at restaurant, same scenario. Everyone busy with their cells. This place advertises wi-fi internet connection while you dine. My phone has been silent all along.

Go to see a doctor, here I am listing out my ailments and the doc is busy messaging someone. Even takes a call in between. My phone has been silent all along.

Children busy playing games in mobile, students updating their facebook, twitter accounts, parents catching up with everyone under sun at the same time driving, eating etc etc . My phone has been silent all along.

So what am I doing? Watching all this? I think my mobile is angry with me. It never rings, no messages come. Alas, it is one of those mobiles that thinks it is there only for emergencies. It doesnt realise that my life would come an end if it doesnt beep every second. Is it angry that we have a landline at home? How does one pacify cell phone and make it behave like a normal one?

3 comments:

  1. hey, are you complaining that no one calls you or sends you a message? Maybe you should just set up alarms or reminders to keep your mobile happy.
    ... just kidding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an ideal phone. Keep it like that only!
    --Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny!
    I often feel the same way. Now I just pretend to be busy checking important email and messages when in reality I am simply cleaning up junk mail from my inbox.

    ReplyDelete